About this course
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to plan, develop, implement, monitor and coordinate client services and programs within community and residential aged care and disability work settings. You will learn specialised communication skills, how to work with other community service agencies, and how to coordinate work and information systems. As part of this course you will undertake a supervised work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learnt.
Students must complete a total number of 14 units which comprise of 7 core units plus 7 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Manage limited budgets and financial accountabilities
- Develop, implement and promote effective workplace communication
- Maintain legal and ethical work practices
- Provide supervision support to community sector workers
- Maintain an effective community sector work environment
- Meet statutory and organisation information requirements
- Maintain workplace WHS processes
- An IELTS score (academic) of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0 or equivalent is required.
You must provide a police clearance from your home country before you attend your work placement. You need to get this clearance before you arrive in Australia.
Please view the
Admission Requirements for your country of origin.
- Community Worker