About this course
This course equips you with the practical skills and knowledge you need to learn how to produce drawings to design specifications for manufacture by an engineering workshop. You will develop a range of computer drafting skills as well as knowledge of mechanical engineering processes and principles. You will also increase your skills in computing and engineering graphics, materials, systems, standards and processes, including safety in the workplace, effective communication, quality control and project management.
Students must complete a total number of 30 units which comprise of 7 core units plus 23 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Organise and communicate information
- Interact with computing technology
- Perform engineering activities
- Manage self in the engineering environment
- Select common engineering materials
- Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- An IELTS score (academic) of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0 or equivalent is required.
- Design Draftsperson
- Senior Drafter
- Mechanical Engineering Technician