About this course
This course provides you with the practical skills you need to successfully carry out the role of surveyor. You will develop skills in the collection of spatial data related to engineering structures, roads, railways and mining operations. You will also develop skills in the operation of sophisticated survey equipment and software, including GPS, and how to use this equipment to carry out complex survey projects, including open pit mine operations and the processing of survey data to produce computer aided engineering drawings and mine plans.
Students must complete a total number of 16 units which comprise of 7 core units plus 9 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Plan spatial data collection and validation
- Conduct an advanced GNSS data collection and set out survey
- Conduct an engineering survey
- Create engineering drawings
- Perform advanced surveying computations
- Perform geodetic surveying computations
- Conduct geodetic surveying
- An IELTS score (academic) of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0 or equivalent is required.
- Mine and Engineering Surveyor
- Surveying Assistant
- Mineral Processing Technician