About this course
This course will further develop your practical skills and knowledge in human resources as well as provide you with skills in management. You will develop a sound theoretical knowledge base in human resources management and demonstrate a range of managerial skills to ensure that human resources functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. You will learn how to manage human resource services, performance management systems and workforce planning. After completing this course you will have gained the skills to be able to recruit and select staff, monitor staff welfare, keep employees informed of their rights, provide advice and support to management about staff issues and advise on employment law, equal opportunity and occupational health and safety issues.
Students must complete a total number of 9 units which comprise of 6 core units plus 3 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Manage human resources services
- Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- Develop and manage performance-management processes
- Manage workforce planning
- Manage employee relations
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- An IELTS score (academic) of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0 or equivalent is required.
- Payroll Manager
- Human Resources Officer
- Equal Employment Officer
- Human Resource Manager
- Industrial Relations Officer
country of origin: BRAZIL
- Diploma of Human Resource Management
- Challenger Institute of Technology
WA was an ideal destination for international students because it has a lot to offer, including friendly people, beautiful beaches and a healthy work-life balance.
When I first started in Australia I couldn’t even speak English but this country is so open and multicultural that I didn’t feel alone for one second during my time here.