About this course
This course provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent as a Senior Manager in any hospitality functional area. Students will analyse, design and execute judgements using a wide ranging technical, creative, conceptual or managerial competencies. Their knowledge base may be specialised or broad and they are often accountable for group outcomes. Work would be undertaken in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, catering operations, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops.
Students must complete a total number of 33 units which comprise of 16 core units plus 17 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :
- Manage diversity in the workplace
- Manage finances
- Manage operational plan
- Develop and implement a business plan
- Manage quality customer service
- Manage finances within a budget
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Manage physical assets
- Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- Lead and manage people
- Recruit, select and induct staff
- Monitor staff performance
- Monitor work operations
- Establish and conduct business relationships
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- An IELTS score (academic) of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0 or equivalent is required.
- Hospitality Manager
- Operations Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Motel Manager
- Duty Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- Rooms Division Manager
country of origin: ZAMBIA
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
- West Coast Institute
My experience here at the West Coast Institute has been great. I have gained the right knowledge and skills for me to confidently show forth what I have learnt into the workforce and do it to the best of my ability.
This course has broadened my perspective on things, and in the 3 years I have spent here I have come to meet wonderful people from the great staff to the friendly students. I would not have had it any other way.