About Polytechnic West
THE POLYTECHNIC OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Polytechnic West (PWA) is Western Australia’s (WA) largest publicly funded provider of Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Higher Education (HE). PWA offers more than 380 VET qualifications and seven HE courses across a wide range of trade, technical and professional disciplines. PWA has more than 35,000 students, including over 1000 international students from more than 60 countries. PWA commenced delivery of courses to international students in 1994 and now offers over 70 nationally accredited courses and recognised qualifications in partnership with Education and Training International (ETI).
The areas of courses offered are:
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Health Science Foundations
- Digital Media
- Financial Services
- Animal Studies
- Automotive Technology
- Building and Construction
- Information Technology
- Children’s Services
Here is an interactive map (including addresses) of the campus locations.
Education and Training at PWA is delivered across seven campuses in the Perth metropolitan area; Armadale, Balga, Bentley, Carlisle, Jandakot, Midland and Thornlie. PWA also has a specialist Equine Training Centre near Armadale, an Aerospace Training Centre in Jandakot and offers English Language Training from its Bentley campus.
PWA's International Centre has a team of dedicated staff to assist international students (with a valid student visa) from all campuses with the following:
- Course and progress information advice
- Health and medical cover
- Referral to counselling services
- Further study options
- Course tuition fee payment via EFTPOS and cheque
- Request for tuition fee refund
- Public Transportation information
- International Student Orientations (at the beginning of each semester)
- International students activities
- International students newsletters
An International Student Handbook is available for international students. Copies can be obtained from www.polytechnic.wa.edu.au/international or from the International Centre which is located on the Ground Floor, Block B, Bentley campus. The Centre is open from 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday. Any changes to the opening hours are posted at www.polytechnic.wa.edu.au/international.
PWA is committed to providing relevant and seamless vocational and academic pathways for students regardless of whether you are studying VET or HE courses. All courses provide graduates with recognised pathways to study at university. The latest information on the available university pathway options can be accessed from http://higheredu.polytechnic.wa.edu.au/home/content/articulations and www.eti.wa.edu.au/universitypathways/.
PWA's qualified lecturers have relevant industry experience, so students are rewarded with the highest standard of applied education and training available.
By studying with PWA you will have access to a range of contemporary and industry standard training facilities, such as:
- The AeroSpace Training Centre in Jandakot; including a 1,500 square metre hangar facility that houses a static, Boeing 737 training aircraft.
- Bentley Hospitality Institute on Bentley campus; including training kitchens, bakery, butchery and award winning restaurant and bistro.
- Specialist Metals and Engineering Centre in Midland; including computer controlled machining and robotics.
- The Equine Training Centre in Armadale; with purpose built classrooms, stable complex, large all-weather demonstration area, training ring, pacing and racing track, track rooms and associated facilities.
This focus has earned PWA an outstanding reputation - by our students, our peers, and industry. In recognition of this excellence, PWA recently won the Western Australian Large Training Provider of the Year Award, as well as being a Finalist for International Training Provider of the Year.
Polytechnic West is a government owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO) No.1979 in Australia. It is fully compliant within the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF). The AQTF is the national set of standards which assures consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system. It is also registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS 00020G/01723A) to enable delivery of programs to international students in Australia.
As required under Western Australian legislation, all international students and students studying in Australian states other than WA are enrolled with Education Training International (ETI). Polytechnic West partners with ETI to provide the highest quality training and international students will be issued with an ETI-Polytechnic West award at the successful conclusion of their studies.
A nationally recognised qualification from Polytechnic West will open doors to a new world of exciting possibilities.