Code of Conduct
Your Institute will also have a Student Code of Conduct that you will be required to follow. Please visit your Institute’s profile page for more information.
International students should ensure that they:
1. Meet TAFE course requirements and meet the requirements of the Australian Government’s Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) – Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) Course Progress Policy.
2. Notify the International Student Coordinator at their TAFE Institute of their residential address within seven days of arrival and of any change to their residential address within seven days of any change.
3. Notify the International Student Coordinator at their TAFE Institute immediately if they want to terminate their studies, withdraw from their course, or there are any changes to their visa status.
4. Pay the required fees when an Offer of Placement is made or owing on receipt of invoice.
5. Not engage in activities that contravene Australian law. (Students who do so will be terminated and reported to the DIAC).
6. Not engage in plagiarism, which is a serious offence and may result in cancellation of your enrolment.
7. Allow other students to learn in a safe and suitable environment.
Students under 18 years of age
In the case of students under 18 years of age, the parent or guardian must ensure compliance with all of the above.
Education and Training International and TAFE Institute Responsibilities:
1. Provide international students with the same level of instruction and educational services as normally provided to Australian students enrolled at TAFE.
2. Provide an orientation program for international students.
3. Monitor the welfare of students and provide counselling and ongoing support while enrolled at TAFE.
4. Appoint one or more staff members to act as the point of contact for students.