About Challenger Institute of Technology
Challenger Institute of Technology is an award winning Institute that offers over 50 courses, from Certificate III to Advanced Diploma, across seven campuses to international students. From engineering to hospitality, we have the course for you.
Challenger works closely with industry partners to offer a learning experience focused on gaining the qualification, knowledge and skills highly valued by employers. As an international student at Challenger Institute, you will gain practical skills and knowledge that can lead you to an exciting career or a passport to further your studies in higher education.
Challenger Institute consists of campuses located along the coastline of Perth from Fremantle to the Peel region and inland to Murdoch. Challenger is the preferred choice of approximately 25,000 students studying in a huge variety of fields, including:
- Community Services
- Health and Lifestyle
- Horticulture and environmental science
- Hospitality, tourism & events
- Information technology and business
Here is an interactive map (including addresses) of all of our campus locations.
These include Fremantle (Beaconsfield), Fremantle (E-Tech), WA Maritime Training Centre, Visage Beauty Centre, Fremantle (Quinlan's on High Cafe), Munster (ACEPT), Murdoch, Peel (Mandurah) and Rockingham.
Pathways To University
Challenger Institute has articulation arrangements with Murdoch and Curtin University. This means that on completion of a Certificate IV or Diploma, you can use your qualification to apply for entry to a wide range of courses at university.
Qualifications at the diploma level or advanced diploma level may also provide credit for up to one year advanced standing in a three or four year degree which can shorten your university studies significantly and reduce your overall cost.
For further information on Challenger Institute’s higher education pathways please visit: http://www.challenger.wa.edu.au/CareerDirections/higher-education-pathways
Industry Placement and Live Works Training
We work closely with employers to provide you with relevant and up-to-date learning experiences. Many of our courses include work placements so you can apply your skills in a workplace setting to ensure you are ‘job ready’ when you graduate.
Challenger has a number of specialised training venues known as ‘live works’. These live works venues offer you hands-on industry-relevant opportunities beyond traditional learning avenues, in an actual work environment. These venues also have actual customers in the areas of beauty therapy, hospitality, hairdressing and fashion.
Challenger Institute of Technology understands that it will be the first time for many of you to be away from home and/or family and for others, it may be the first time in a foreign country. For this reason Challenger invests a lot of effort in providing support for you while you are studying with us.
Award winning School of Hospitality and Tourism
Our multi-award winning School of Hospitality and Tourism offers a broad range of courses for students to choose from.
- Winner of Western Australia's Best Large Training Provider of the Year 2012
- Winner Gold Plate award for “Best Restaurant in a Training Establishment” by the Catering Institute of Australia (WA) 2012, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2004
- Winner inaugural Award for Excellence for Best Restaurant in a Training Establishment by the Restaurant & Caterers Association (WA) 2011
- Winner Silver at the WA Tourism Awards for Tourism Education and Training 2009, 2008
- Winner Gold at the WA Tourism Awards for Tourism Education and Training 2010, 2011
- Winner Student Waiter of the Year 2009; third place 2009 & 2011
- WA Apprentice Chef of the year; 15 winners over the last 20 years
- Winner WA WorldSkills cookery 2009
- Winner WA Apprentice of the Year 2009
- Green Table
- Australian Tourism Quality Assured