Monday, 12 July 2010
Julia Gillard (Prime Minister of Australia) opens Central Institute of Technology's new Mining and Renewable Energy Training Centre along with Training and Workforce Development Minister Peter Collier and Central Institute's Managing Director, Neil Fernandes.
Mr Fernandes said the new centre would provide state-of-the-art facilities for training in the mining and renewable energy industries. "The Centre will provide the opportunity to develop sought-after skills based on highly practical training programs using industry standard facilities," he said.
Training and Workforce Development Minister Collier said the development would allow Central to deliver high-quality technical training to meet industry demand. "Mining and green skills training are major growth areas for the Western Australian economy," the Minister said. "The new centre at Central will enable the State to better respond to industry demand in these areas, providing specialised training in mining exploration, mineral processing, geology, gold assaying, and solar panel and wind turbine installation and maintenance.
"It will also consolidate Central's training delivery in the key areas of resource development, creative industries, community services and science-based disciplines."
Located at Central's East Perth campus, the $3.3 million centre is due for completion at the end of 2010.
For more information on courses related to mining and resources see our Course Catalogue:
- Advanced Diploma of Process Plant Technology
- Diploma of Surveying - Mining and Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Renewable Energy Technology
Central Institute of Technology has more information on their Courses and Careers pages.
- Study at TAFE Western Australia
- Profile of Central Instute of Technology
- Central Institute of Technology locations and maps
- Central Institute wins prestigious award
- Central Instute teams up with Football West
- Julia Gillard opens Central Institutes new Mining and Renewable Energy Training Centre
- Search our site for all articles related to Central Institute of Technology