Do I need a minimum English level for entrance into a TAFE course?
For entry into a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma course, you will require:
- IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score less than 5.*
- TOEFL 530 (PBT) or 197 (CBT) or 71 (iBT)
- Evidence that the medium of instruction at your senior school has been
- in English with satisfactory grades in English in the final examinations
- GCE O Levels English with 'C'
- 'A' or 'B' in Malaysian SPM English or a 'D' in English 1119
- Kenyan KCSE English C
For entry into a Packaged (University) course / Associate Degree:
- IELTS (academic) 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5.*
- TOEFL 550 (PBT) or 213 (CBT) 80 (iBT)
- Evidence that the medium of instruction at your senior school or university has been in English with satisfactory grades
- GCE O Levels English with 'B'
- 'A' in Malaysian SPM English or a 'C' in English 1119
- Kenyan KCSE English B
TAFE will also accept the following as evidence of English:
- Completion of the ETI English Proficiency Test (this can be completed at ETI or with an approved Agent).
- Completion of the Pearson Test of English Academic – Minimum Level 42
- Successful completion of an academic English course at TAFE (upper intermediate) or a recognised English college. For information about TAFE
- ELICOS programs at TAFE
- Successful completion of at least one year of study in a CRICOS registered course delivered in Australia.